Monday, 26 January 2009
January 25, 2009: Walking around London
How much do I love having Mondays off, this much (huge hand gester). I get to hang out just by myself, do what I want to do at my own fast past! It is great. I went for a run in the lovely weather. It was sunny all day, and it was a little chilly, but not bad at all! It was so relaxing and bright to finally see the sun without rain! I also took a nice little walk about around our neighborhood, and I realized that I loved it! It may not be posh or chic, but is quaint and full functioning. We have everything we need in close proximity. There are so many cute and local places, where normal, middle class Londoners hang out. You cannot get that at a club. I feel like my area is welcoming, and I previous have taken it for granted, which I now regret, but will now on my honor, love it through and through. We are lucky to be able to be living here. I listened to Lilly Allen while walking around, I felt so in place. Ah, it makes me smile! After taking a quick trip to Capa to pick up my “food Stamps” and to print off my flight/train confirmation (yeh, Paris 2 weeks, Barcelona 3 week and I also got a nifty little card in the mail from my mom, thank you! I love you), I took a tube to Westminster. I was so proud of myself for knowing the right tube and being fully confident in my decision. I also felt like a true Londoner by reading the paper, listening to music. Maybe people even mistook me for a Londoner? One can hope. I took pictures of Westminster, Big Ben, Buckingham, the River Park, and Parliamentary square. It was nice to be by myself, it was relaxing, I could just think. D-Wight has some new candid’s, he looks super fly! It may be touristy to walk around these places, but it is so gorgeous, especially when the sun was setting behind the palace. There were even buds on the tree. Spring just comes so early here. I just imagine that I am walking in stunning gown around these streets, or taking the royal barge up to Hampton Court. I can’t even picture what life was truly life back then. It definitely isn’t as glamorous as I am imaging, but I wish it was. It is a fairy tale; just being down there makes it seem more real! Anyway, many locals have jobs down there, especially if you are in the business of governmental fields. After all, I saw so many attractive are Londoners in their business suits with their trendy briefcases! I even saw a Prince Harry look alike! I definitely need to return there so I can pick myself up a Brit. I just love it down there. Rachel and I will fit in there so nicely. : ) I just love these days where I can be lazy and productive at the same time. I cannot take my time in London for granted, because when I get to the US and go to class at the UMN, I will be crazy busy. I have so much free time that I have to play with that I need to fully embrace the London experience. I miss making dinner for people; it is just so weird preparing my own. Though, being here by myself is so peaceful. I am just watching the BBC. I realized the new here is practically the same back home. What we go through there is just the same. When I watch the news, I actually can recognize local news and places is an amazing feeling, because I am not fitting nicely into the UK’s everyday culture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment