Monday, 26 January 2009

January 25, 2009 Kensington and Harrods

Today was a lazy durry Sunday; we didn’t do much except take the tube down to High Street Kensington and Harrods. Oh my gosh and was it ritzy. Everything was on sale, but it was still so expensive. I just feel that everyone in London can afford it, but I don’t know how. It is cool to look though. At Harrods it was gorgeous and huge. I tired taking some pictures, but they yelled at me. Whoops. If you go click on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrods you can see all that they have to offer, for two arms and two legs. It was all designer it was more posh than anything in Minneapolis. Most people were there just to look though. They had a grocery store, restaurants, ice cream, doughnuts, everything. It was overwhelming. But I want to go back with Rachel and get some ice-cream; I don’t think it was too overpriced. They had a creepy statue of Princess Di and her dead lover, who was the owner’s son. ”Innocent victims” was what the statue was called. God, it was weird!!!!! I don’t even really like Princess Di that much; she just seemed selfish and only wanted the glamorous life. Oh well, the Brits and there celeb life. I did end up purchasing something from H and M and a higher end accessory shop, it was cute. The weather never ended up improving, i can see why the British drink! They need to escape the weather! But I ended up chilling at the old bell with Emily during a football match, and it was so cool! Everyone was so into it, you could feel the energy. I need to find a team to support. The pub is such a great place because you can hear all the different accents and the classes. I feel that these places are the best ways to meet the locals, not a club. Here we can talk to all the guys watching the game. It is so interesting. I love it and I probably will go back there tonight (I am running low on my minutes). I also went to the grocery store, which is intense like always. I just feel that the store is ever calm, it is always hoping with people. I guess that is London for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment