Monday, 26 January 2009

January 17 2009: Bus Tours

Today was a great day, except for a little fiasco at the end. I went to the coffee shop early but they only had charged internet so I just wrote my journal. The CafĂ© Mocha was amazing and so was the muffin. We left early to go to capa and the bus tour. We were kind of down because it turned out to just be a coach bus tour and not a double decker tour. Oh well, it was still amazing. I learned so much and saw so many fantastic sights. Central London is hands down amazing. The architecture is gorgeous and so old. It is just so cool that it can still be standing. The four of us sat on the back of the bus and they were the best seats(and everyone else thought that the front was better, haha). The tower bridge (which I accidentally thought was the London bridge and I was singing the song) and over all the whole Tower area and the docklands are just gorgeous. It is so old there is still the Roman wall. I really want to see the Tower area, with the scaffold and bridge. In general, the whole central London area is my favorite. Everything in zones one and two are pretty much in walking distant, you just never realized it, because we ride the tube. Other than central London, I really like Kensington. It is so nice and posh. At the Buckingham palace, aka the buck, we were taking interesting pictures like “what’s up at the buck” and “what the buck”. It was great and so much fun! Haha. I had a good day with all the girls or at least Danielle, Madison, and Bridget. When we went out at night we meet some British boys, they said they love Americans and their accents, it is just because we are drunken whores, or at least other girls in my house are. I don’t really like that stereotype, because those are really only Hollywood images. They all say we have a different accent too because I am from the Midwest. Though, all these boys were younger than us, because they were on a gap year(just a year off of school). They didn’t work and lived off their parents, lazy I say. I just don’t understand how they afford to live in London! I don’t really like the club scene all that much. I am more of a casual bar person, were you can talk drink and do a little dancing. At the clubs people don’t dance really, they just stand around. Lame. We left and of course got stuck in a giant rainstorm. Madison didn’t have a coat. In the end with all the confusion and mix up of buses we were lost in London for like two hours and in some sketchy parts of town. At least that is what a lady said, people shoot up crack and what not. In the end we were pretty close to our place and we didn’t even realize it. Though, when we got back we were pissed because they girls brought back British boys. That was one of our rules, and we even talked about it last night, I felt bad for Danielle because she couldn’t stay in her room. Adina was not even being nice about it. They didn’t even seem like they cared, when that is not even fair. People could steal our things and it is just rude. Liz even said it was going to happen again and what not. We have been only here for l3 days, what will it be like in 3 months? We had a sleepover in our room and just talked about the other girls. It was great bonding time, I really liked it. After last night, we are now closer. We want to travel together, and we know what each other likes. It was fun. I am actually making some good friends. We were laughing and have tons of inside jokes. I just am enjoying myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment