Learning to live like A Londoner…..
I actually think I adjusted to the time change pretty easily. We got up early and had to be in South Kensington by 10, which means we had to tackle the tube. It is so easy. British mass transit kicks every others asses. It is kind of eerie being in the tunnels, with the warm wind. But they are so easy, you just get on(there is so much switching, like Kilburn to Bakerloo, to Paddington, to a Glouster) But it will be all good. Our school is nice, it is in South Kensington which is like 10 minutes away the attractions. Madison and I just wandered the Streets, looked at real-estate, took tourist pictures, and used internet at a cafĂ©. It was fun. We also had fish ‘n chips. It was yummy, except they kind of left the tail on and some of the skin. But it was overall good. Orientation wasn’t too bad, I learned that the Brits are hilarious and make fun of themselves all the time. We have decided to do our own excursions, like traveling by our selves because it is cheaper and less restricted. I just need to decide, when and where’s, but I am making myself be spontaneous. That is the point of this trip, just do what you want to do. Some flights are only pounds! Stellar!!!!! The Pub was fun. It was Thursday night no cover and two for ones. Oh my gosh, the Sex on the beaches were fantastic!!!!! We just had an amazing time talking. Overall observations, I feel like the Brits know we are Americans just by looking at us, they are pretty funny in general and sarcastic, on all the stairs you stand to the left and not the right, people have no mercy on the tubes. Everyone is so helpful otherwise. Once again, dogs are everywhere. If you’re poor I am not sure how you can afford London. It is definitely foggy, but warm!!!! Like 40’s 50’s, which means soon it will be 60”s! yee-haa. I am learning to love it more, every day, every minute. Ohhh I heard cheerio too! Too cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment