Monday, 26 January 2009

January 22, 2009: A London Production

I only had one class today, I even got a run in which was nice. There are just so many dogs. But I like it, because it reminds me of Dewey. There even are golden retrievers and larger dogs, than the usually long and short( slightly choad like dogs) the English seem love. I love Mike Fosdal, my poli sci and understanding Britain teacher. He is great. He makes it so easy to talk in class. He is an amazing teacher that promotes drinking and smoking. Teachers here seem so relaxed, like they would rather be your friend or academic equal rather than your superior. We went to the play Loot, which was an adorable theater. It was pretty funny, in a British humor sort of way, like that of Monte Python. Some things I did not get, but it was all good. The actors were amazing. It was all about sex and religion. In America if they were to do that sort of thing they would receive such negativity and get in trouble. I just like how they are open here. It is really nice. That people can be who they want to be without any troubles. I like my pop cultural class and teacher, he is super nice, and very interesting! He knows so much! And he takes us on walking tours. Like taking us to an old Mew( a place where they used to keep the horses) it was so gorgeous and lovely. But he made a good point that it is kind of sad and disturbing because of the previous poverty and treatment of the people who lived in these places. We forget what they were used for in the past. It is just amazing how much history is in our classroom or one foot out our door. I think that he really will make us think and analyze more than any of my other teachers. I am right now in a pub, The old bell, eating chips and cheese. I am pretty much the only girl out of like 20 plus men. It is great, except they are all old. I feel like a local, except that I have my computer. The horse race is on and they are all drinking beer. Shouldn’t some of them still be at work? Do they even work? I guess drinking and sitting at the pub is part of their culture and is what they do after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment