Monday, 2 February 2009

Monday February 2, 2009: Snow Day

We had a snow day today! Wooohooo! It was great. I don’t get snow days in Minneapolis, but I get them in London! There is around six inches of snow on the ground and it is continuing to fall. It is supposedly not going to stop until tomorrow. Cross your fingers, maybe we will get another one! London is having a spazz attack, because of all the snow. This is the most snow they have had in 18 years. It is great! I feel like I am back home in good old Wisconsin. The only problem is once it starts to snow, at all, London comes to halt. The Buses and the tube were all either suspended or had major delays. You couldn’t get around and we were stuck in Kilburn, which wasn’t bad, it was relaxing and I got things done. Danielle and I went out for a walk at Paddington recreation grounds and it was so gorgeous. Everything was covered in snow, the trees and buildings. It was a perfect winter wonderland, something only found in fairytale. All the Londoners were so excited over the snow fall. They were playing around and sledding on homemade sleds(plastic bags). There were snow ball fights everywhere. Even the adults were acting like kids. It was so cute. It makes me appreciate the snow and the Wisconsin weather. I bet many of these kids have never experienced the snow before. The dogs loved it too. There were romping around the park, so happy. Dewey would have loved it! Haha. Danielle and I ended up building a snowman in the entrance of our flats. It was so cute, everyone loved it, but then it tipped over. I just love the snow, yes, it is a pain, but it is a nice break. Just sitting at home, working on homework, just chilling, is so relaxing. We all needed it, especially after the fiasco last night. I wish we could have be able to travel to the sights of London, such as Parliament, Big Ben, and Buckingham, it would have been amazing. It would be something that you do not get to experience every day, because here it doesn’t do this very often. It is just so lovely, but they do not shovel which is annoying. At least, I do not have to shovel here, like back home. Sorry mom and dad! I can’t wait to see what tomorrow is like. Hopefully, we will have off again??? It all depends on the tube, and if it is running correctly. So maybe, just maybe, the tube line will fail. I am getting so annoyed with my roommate. Oh my god, they are just getting to me. Madison is being a depressed baby, and kind of bitchy. Adina, what an air head, she doesn’t know what is ever going on, and says the most random annoying shit. I just wonder what is going on in her head. I can’t help but be slightly tense when I am around them. I think they can pick it up. Ah, I can’t wait to not have to live with some of them. It is just so hard, because we are all home at once. When the routine starts again, it gets better. Oh well, soon we are off to Pairs, which holds the key to my heart, according to Anastasia! I can’t wait for next year and the vortex, it will be great! I am pumped. I really love my mom and mine relationship, it is so easy to talk to her about everything. I think this break really made us more connected! I can just talk to her about my crush and what not, and she is so supportive and knows what to say. I like it! I am happy and I think that this summer will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment